Friday, April 9, 2010

Hockey sadists


Some people just seem to revel in the misfortune of others. As Mel Brooks said, "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die". In a normal year our Gang of Four would be watching the college hockey Frozen Four tournament from the stands but alas, circumstances beyond our control (plus its in Detroit and I don't have Michigan reciprocity for my carry permit) have kept us home. With our beloved Wisconsin Badgers in the finals tomorrow night, led by Blake Geoffrion, grandson of Montreal Canadiens legend, Boom Boom Geoffrion, friends and relatives are puzzled that I'm actually in MSP and at work. Most people who know me are asking 'what the hell are you doing in town on Frozen Four weekend, you sick?' Readers of this blog phrase the question a bit differently.... "Are you going to go out and fall on your ass again this year at the hockey tournament?" So here, back by popular demand, is me falling on my ass at the Frozen Four at the Verizon Center last year in Washington DC. Enjoy it all you sadistic yahoos out there! BTW, the trophy at left is indeed the 'real McCoy'.

No comments: